Total Blog Views:

Monday, April 4, 2011

Today I know that tomorrow will shine..

"Don't be scared to put it all on the line, to risk it 
all. Because after all, it's only when you have lost 
it all, that you are free to do anything, be anyone."
    As soon as the needle hit my skin, I could feel the palms of my hands build up with sweat and my heart begin to race. The rush of adrenaline was intense and my breathing became heavy. I closed my eyes and sat back, the pain now changing from what started out as pleasure to a deep, awful burn. I was on a path to finding myself, experiencing new things, living life on the edge. 
    This was my fifth time experiencing this, a tattoo of course...
    The design was one that I had sketched out in my head for what seemed to be years, but I had never found the time or place to get it done so I pushed it aside on my list of things to one day accomplish. So when the time came in my life when I wanted to get in touch with my inner self, I thought there was no better time for me to start working on that list.
   There's nothing quite like making rash, impulsive decisions in life to get in touch with that person we harbor inside. Whether its getting a tattoo, travelling to a European country, or completely switching up our life style, there is something about drastic change that fascinates the human soul.
    When I look back on the different stages of my life, I see myself as so many different people. With each season that passed, so did my personality, my life, my style, my everything. But I feel like everyone has different ways of dealing with the challenges that life throws at them. If that is true, then you can see that I have faced a lot of challenges considering I have had every hair color in the world and I've done things that most sane people would avoid doing. 
   Change can be a really scary word for some people. The thought of breaking the mold and stepping outside of the box can be threatening, but I've learned that sometimes you have to push your self over the edge and be something you've always wanted to be but never had the balls to be. 
    Life is too short to wait around and see what is offered. You will get no where in life if you sit on your ass and expect things to be handed to you. Step out side of the norm, do what no one expects, emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. Be an individual. Go get that tattoo you've always wanted, take the trip you have planned in the back of your head, talk to the man you pass everyday but never approach, put on the dress in the back of your closet and go out dancing, indulge in a huge piece of chocolate cake that you have refused yourself from eating for months. Sucks to say it but you and I both are going to die. And it's up to you, and only you to decide how you are going to live the precious time you have here on this planet.