Total Blog Views:

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Keep on dancing till the world ends...

dance the night away
live your life and stay young on the floor
dance the night away
grab somebody, drink a little more...

     I splash my face with water, trying to wipe the taste of tequila from my lips, and to try to get myself out of the drunk slumber I am beginning to fall into. My hands have black smudges on them, from what used to be marked Xs, and my dress is hanging halfway off my shoulder. I can't feel my toes, my pumps are so tight and tall that they have officially cut off all circulation in my feet, but I'm so drunk I can't even notice.
    The bathroom attendant looks like she wants to punch me, it's now my fourth time in the bathroom, and I still haven't tipped her for the massive amount of towels she's handed me. My knees are a shade of red, from hovering the toilet bowl, and my hair, which was at one point perfect with curls and volume is now tied back in a messy bun off my sweaty, smudged face. It's about 2:30 am on a Thursday, I can't find my friends, and I have work in approximately 5 hours. As I pull my head out of the sink, I make my way out the doorway, through a crowd of overly intoxicated people grinding on one another, and back onto the dance floor where the DJ is blasting 'Beautiful Life' by Ace of Base..
    I'm not looking to meet anyone, or hookup with anyone. I just let the bass of the song rumble throughout my body, and run from my ears through my arms, down my chest, into my abdomen, between my legs, down my thighs, and into my feet. I can't see straight, I'm somewhere between 3 shots of Patron and 2 rum and cokes.. The music clears my mind of everything that's been raping my thoughts for the past few weeks and I let myself loose for that moment in time. I'm alone, yet surrounded by a room of people also letting go of the drama and stress of life, and I just keep dancing.
    Music is such a big part of my life, music is my life. I literally eat, sleep and breathe music. Music never lets you down. It doesn't stress you out, it never tells you your not worth anything, music never breaks your heart, it never walks out of your life when you need it the most. Music is always there...
    Tequila brings out something in me, almost like a person I'm afraid to be sober, a person who doesn't care what anyone thinks, a person who lives life for the moment. When my friends find me, we continue our night on the dance floor, all on similar levels of intoxication, all not caring about what we look like for once. I'm not an alcoholic or a party animal but sometimes you just have to let go of all your rules and stress and just get crazy. Let your mind free and let your inner animal out.
   Well, maybe I am a little bit of a party animal, but in 10 years from now when I look back at Ashley in her early 20's, I'll know I held nothing back and lived life to the fullest...