Total Blog Views:

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

bottoms up, bottoms up, throw yo hands up..

"I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy. You know, we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that fixes everything. But happiness is a mood and a condition, it’s not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry; it’s not permanent, it comes and goes, and that’s okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness a lot more often."

    The music is so loud, I can actually feel a vibration throughout my body.. my hair which started off as big and curly is now flat and messy, and my eyes that were bold and detailed are now smudged. My see through lace shirt has a tequila spill on the front and my mini skirt keeps riding up to the point of my ass almost being revealed. But that doesn't stop me. I'm dancing so hard I can actually feel blisters forming inside of my stilettos. 
    It's about 3 am, but time isn't even a factor anymore, and the music just seems to be getting better as the night goes on. For once, I'm not thinking about work, or school, or money, or men, I'm thinking about 3 things... dancing, my friends, and the glass of tequila that's glued to my hand. 
   I'm happy. Genuinely happy.
   For the first time in my life, at that point of the night, I realized that I didn't need a man to make me happy, or a ton of money, or a fancy car, I was just happy because I wanted to be happy.
    I was always the type of person who thought it was important to have a man in my life to keep my mind and body satisfied in the happiness department. A lot of people depend too much on others to make them happy day to day. If people can start seeing that happiness can be reached from within themselves than I think this world will be a much better place.
   Analyze your life for 3 seconds, stop and think about what makes you happy. What makes you happy? If your answer is anything other than yourself than I think you need to take some time to get in touch with the most important person... you.