Total Blog Views:

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

To love someone who has an addiction..

"life kicks you around sometimes. it scares 
you and it beats you up, but there's one 
day you realize you're not just a survivor, you're a fighter. 
you're tougher than anything life throws your way, and you are."
    What do you do when someone you love is doing something terrible to themselves? And what do you do when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it? I find myself asking that question everyday in my mind and I still have yet to come up with a successful answer. Someone I care a great deal about is suffering from a horrible addiction that is completely ripping their world apart. It eats me alive seeing this person destruct right in front of my eyes, and all I can do is sit back and watch.
    You can try and try to say and do everything you can but sometimes people just refuse to let anyone help them. It's actually come to the point where I can't even be around this person, look at this person, even feel for this person. 
    When is it the right time to completely eliminate someone from your life? Especially when the person you want to erase is supposed to be such a large part of it? I find that talking to people in similar situations has always given me the most comfort with this problem. I just have really gotten to a breaking point with this person and it just kills me to see them suffering so much as a result of their own behavior and decisions.
    It's very important, if you are also a person who loves somebody with an addiction, to remember that you should never loose focus on what your goal is in life. It at times can be really hard to focus on your own life when you're worried about someone else's, but you can't let their bad decisions hold you back from succeeding at life like you were meant to. Stay strong and positive.. and remember your not the only one who loves someone who suffers from an addiction <3