Total Blog Views:

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A prophetic declaration of what must be..

it's crazy how we always end up where we're meant to. how even the most ironic situations eventually teach you something you'd never dreamed you were going to learn..
    These past few months of my life, I've really become a firm believer in fate, in things happening for a reason, in ending up where we are meant to be. We constantly make decisions in our lives, which effect ourselves and others. Today, while I was at work, I really thought hard about all of the choices I have made in my life, and how each one has brought me to where I am today and where I will be tomorrow. Seems like I was a little girl with no worries just yesterday, I don't know how I let it pass so fast, but it did. 
    I've made some really poor decisions in my life, which have resulted in bad outcomes, and I've also had the people closest to me make even poorer ones, which ended in tragedy as well. We never realize how much we affect those around us with our life choices and actions. But back to fate...
    Fate is defined as something that unavoidably befalls a person. All of us have a destiny, something that we are supposed to be, a place we are going to end up, a life we are meant to live. Fate isn't just about where you will end up in life, I think it's also about who you will spend your life with. Like love. Is it possible for two individuals to end up together because it's what the universe had planned for them? I always hear people in love talking about how their love is fate, how they are meant to be together. I thought this was ridiculous growing up, but maybe it actually is possible for 2 people to end up together because they are supposed to be together...
   It's like when you are apart from someone for so long, you forget the way they smell, the way they feel, or taste, you can be away from them for months, years, yet the minute you see that person everything hits you like a bus. It's like there's a magnetic field between the two of you, a force, a pull, something making your heart overcome your mind..
   Is it because you are supposed to be with that person? Is it fate? Or is it just a rush of emotions or your heart having a nervous breakdown out of confusion and pain? 
   How do we control fate? Can we control fate?  Maybe sometimes it's best to let it work it's own course, regardless if we like what it has in store for us. After all, what's meant to be will happen.