Total Blog Views:

Monday, May 2, 2011

To fall over & over again..

he was never in my vocabulary
until one day… he became the only word I know.


     It's about 10 o'clock at night, and it's sometime in the late spring. The air isn't warm, yet comfortable enough to not have to wear a sweater, and the clouds are sharing the sky with a few small stars, which peek out along side the moon. His eyes are so blue, they almost glow, and we lay next to one another on my small blue blanket, just lost looking out at the water. The waves are quiet, not rough enough to make any noise, and I can smell the salt from the water as well as the scent of his skin as I lay my head on his chest. It's almost like our bodies are two pieces of a puzzle, and we fit perfectly together, my head fits just right in the nook of his arm and our legs are perfect lengths to compliment one another. We just lay there, not thinking about anything other than each other. And in that moment there's nothing else in this world I want to think about other than him.
     I never thought it was possible for another human being to be able to completely understand another, not until I met him, and I never thought I would be able to do the same. Yet as we lay on the beach, under the moon, I still feel as if I'm falling in love, after being in love for so long, like I'm still discovering him. The attraction between the two of us is electrifying, both sexually and mentally, almost like there is a magnetic pull whenever we are in each other's presence. My body has never been so connected to another, when he kisses my lips, I go numb and my entire body begins to heat up, and the blood rushes through every one of my limbs. When he touches my skin, chills shoot up my spine, and when we look in each other's eyes, I actually feel like he is inside of me, like he is in my body, in my mind, in my heart.
    The air gets colder as the night goes on, and we move closer and wrap the blanket as tight as we can around our entwined bodies. His hands are much bigger than mine, but they are locked tightly within each other. He whispers in my ear how he made the biggest mistake of his life and will never hurt me again, and that he loves me more than anything in this world and always has. And I honestly can say that I believe him. As we stare directly into each other's eyes, I am relieved to see that he is telling the truth.. his blue eyes are screaming to me how they will never make me cry again, never make me hurt, never break my heart again.