Total Blog Views:

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sometimes I am happy..

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

     I've been having trouble sleeping these past few weeks.. I'm not sure if it's the new stress from my job, or just my anxiety kicking in. As I lye awake in my bed at night, I gaze out into the pitch black room and replay recent events in my mind over and over again.
     The man I love more than anyone in the world is not but 2 inches from my face.. lying on his back with his arms tucked behind his head. He's breathing heavy, yet making no sound, and his body is giving off an overabundance of heat, which I find myself using for comfort every night to fall back asleep. And he's completely out cold.. not aware one bit that I am lying next to him, eyes wide open, over analyzing every event of my life over and over again in my mind. 
    I find myself sobbing, quietly, yet loud enough for him to turn over and notice the tears pouring out of my eyes. He wraps his arms around me and tells me to breathe in and out slowly and not worry about things that haven't even happened yet. And in his arms, I find some sort of peace.. comfort.. happiness. 
    It takes him only a few minutes to fall back asleep, and even though I am still crying, I soon find myself asleep as well.. 

    Happiness can be defined in multiple ways, but I think it's different for everyone, for everyone has different things that bring joy to their lives. He is my happiness. 
    We are far from perfect, but I think that's what makes us so compatible.. the fact we differ in so many ways and come from such different backgrounds.. and can still find each other inside the other's heart. 
     We have been through more battles then two should endure at our age and I honestly can say nothing and NO ONE will come between the two of us.. because what we have is something we will not find anywhere else.. it's happiness. Pure, genuine happiness.